Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beijing Open!

Today I went to the Beijing open! I didn't even know this tournament existed, but I like tennis and the tickets were cheap, only 30 RMB (less than $5!). I only stayed for one match because it was unexpectedly hot, and I got hungry. The match we did see was super exciting though! It went into a tiebreaker in the final set! The match was between Jurgen Melzer (Austria) and Pablo Andujar (Spain), each ranked in the 30s or 40s. SPOILER ALERT- Melzer won in the tiebreaker. So intense!

Definitely one of the best parts was the accent of the Swedish announcer. In Chinese. He kept asking people to sit down by saying "请坐一下,谢谢“, which he pronounced more like "qing dou sha, che che" (with no tones whatsoever). Then after he spoke in Chinese, all the chinese people would either 1) clap, 2) laugh, 3) repeat what he said mockingly and/or 4) yell at the person still standing up themselves. It was hilarious. 

Here are some highlights:

Sophie and I

Sophie and I

Andujar

Andujar





Melzer

Melzer
 More blog posts to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment